lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mathias Keilbach" <mathias.keilb...@web.de>
Subject AW: internal Searching behavior or how to get a hit?
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 19:41:42 GMT

Thanks a lot for your quick support!
I found another site which describes the index structure and files.
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/fileformats.html

AFAIK Lucene will have an inverted index which maps tokens (terms) to the
documents that they appear in.

Some background info on inverted indices:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_index

Miles