lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Raghavendra Prabhu" <rrpra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out: Lock@/tmp/lucene-dcc982e203ef1d2aebb5d8a4b55b3a60-write.lock
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 17:49:07 GMT
Deleting the lock file when you startup the application sounds like a
workaround to the issue.

But still then lucene should have removed it if the close operations for
both the IndexReader and IndexWriter had been called properly

As karl wettin said maybe the application is not closed properly leading to
persistence of lock files

Rgds
PRabhu