lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Snyder" <wsnyd...@gmail.com>
Subject Syntax help
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:37:06 GMT
Hello,

We am using Lucene to facilitate searching of our applications log files. I
am noticing some inconsistencies in result sets when searching on certain
fields.

One field we index is the file path. I am using a simple query like
"location:Z:\logs\someLogFile.log". However, I can never get path searches
like this to come back with any results. Tried escaping the backslashes and
colon. Nothing seems to work. I missing something here in my syntax?

We also index the file name. However, on file names that have mixed case or
multiple extensions (logfile.D20060303.T234234) I cannot get results either.
Weird.

I haven't worked with Lucene very long, so I expect I am missing something
simple here.

If you need more info, let me know!
Many Thanks!

--Bill