lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Snyder" <wsnyd...@gmail.com>
Subject *easy* way to perform range searches on numeric values
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:16:17 GMT
Hello,

How can I configure Lucene to handle numeric range searches?  (This question
has been asked 100 times, I'm sure.)

I've tried the suggestions on the SearchNumericalFields wiki page. This
seems to work for simple queries. Searching for "line:[1 to 10]" gives me
lines 1 thru 10 of the documents I am searching.

BUT it doesn't work if I want to search mutiple fields (e.g. making
CustomQueryParser extend MultiFieldQueryParser ).

Is there another way to configure numeric range searched aside from what is
posted on the wiki? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how I would
go about getting a numeric range search to work on a mult-field search.

Any help is appreciated!

--Bill