lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Occurence (freq) and ordering
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:21:19 GMT

: Upgrading from lucene 1.3 to 1.9.

: We need to order the result in order of occurrences (score of a doc = sum of
: occurrences of all Query).

: I am just starting to read on Similarity, weights etc.

You are definitely on the right track with Similarity.  What you want is a
Similarity implimentation where the values returned by most methods are
either 0 or 1, except for the tf(int) and tf(float) which should be an
identify function.

If you *allways* want *every* query to work this way, then you may also
want to look at using the new Field.setOmitNorms(true) option when you
index your documents.  It not only removes the lengthNorm from the scoring
equation, but it can help to reduce the size of your index (which i seem
to recall you were concerned with an another thread)

-Hoss