lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Document order not being maintained?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:57:09 GMT

: Well, I set out to write  JUnit test case to quickly show this... but
: I'm having a heck of a time doing it.  With relatively small numbers of
: documents containing very few fields... I haven't been able to recreate
: the out-of-order problem.  However, with my real process, with a ton
: more data, I can recreate it every single time I index (it even gets the
: same documents out of order, consistently).

it's very possible that the problem is specific to large numbers of
documents/indexes, or that it's specific to FSDirectory - so if you can't
reproduce with a handfull of docs on a RAMDirectory don't shy away from
making a test case that creates 10 1GB indexes in ./test-doc-order-on-merge
or something like that if it's the only way to reproduce the problem.

just warn us if it it's not obvious from the code that it does that :)

-Hoss