lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy_ha...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Indexing - scheduled batch process or server?
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:07:38 GMT
I'm pretty new with this, but with my index for a database, I'm using
a Quartz scheduler.  Also at the end of the index update, I set my
singleton of IndexSearcher to null.  That way the index searcher will
be using the latest information.  That bit as well as setting it to
null and not closing it I found searching around on forums.  The
reason given for not closing it is to allow searches currently using
the index searches to finish using it.
Anyway, I hope this helps.
Jeremy