lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Satuluri, Venu_Madhav" <Venu.Madhav.Satul...@deshaw.com>
Subject Which Analyzer to use when searching on Keyword fields
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:52:29 GMT
Hi,

I am using lucene 1.4.3. Some of my fields are indexed as Keywords. I
also have subclassed Analyzer inorder to put stemming etc. I am not sure
if the input is tokenized when I am searching on keyword fields; I don't
want it to be. Do I need to have a special case in the overridden method
(Analyzer.tokenStream() ) to handle keyword fields?

I've noticed that there's a KeywordTokenizer now in the API, but its not
there for lucene 1.4.3. If I was using 1.9, I could probably determine
if the field was a keyword one and then return a
KeywordTokenizer(Reader), but I am using 1.4.3.

Any advice is appreciated.
-Venu