lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <>
Subject Re: Using Lucene for searching tokens, not storing them.
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:23:42 GMT

14 apr 2006 kl. 18.01 skrev Christophe:

> On 14 Apr 2006, at 08:55, karl wettin wrote:
>> I don't want to use Lucene for persistence. I do not want to store
>> tokens nor field text in a FSDirectory or in a RAMDirectory. I
>> want to take store the the tokens in my application.
> If I understand your question, I think that the first answer was
> exactly correct.
> You don't need to use Lucene for persistence in order to use it for
> searching.  By setting the fields to be non-stored, Lucene only
> constructs the index

You speak of storing field values in the Lucene index. I speak of not
using a Lucene index at all, to only use the query mechanism. All
data Lucene need (the index) would be supplied from my application.
Not from the Lucene Directory implementation.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message