lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Qian" <tonyq...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: full text search using Lucene
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 03:05:25 GMT
Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I'm currently evaluating different products for full
text search. I visited DBSight web site briefly. Basically, I have a main
table which has a number of fields for Ids from look-up tables, for example
category_id, brand_id, product_id etc. Main table also has a description and
detail columns. After user types a number of keywords in a text box. My
query needs to search category table, brand table, product table, main table
etc. to see if anything matches. If matching, need to retrieve the record
from main table.

I didn't see this kind of example at DBsight web site. I'm just wondering if
DBSight can do that.

Thanks,
Tony