lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "miki sun" <sun_m...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: QueryParser error + solution
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:29:14 GMT
Thanks Erik and Michael!

I copied some code from demo.SearchFiles.java, I do not have a more clearer 
tracing message. Now it works.

But do you have a better way than this:

//escaping special chars for query parser
for (int i = 0; i < qr.length(); i ++)
{
if( (qr.charAt(i) == '+') ||(qr.charAt(i) == '-')
	||(qr.charAt(i) == '&')||(qr.charAt(i) == '~')
	||(qr.charAt(i) == '|')|| (qr.charAt(i) == '!')
	||(qr.charAt(i) == '[')||(qr.charAt(i) == ']')
	||(qr.charAt(i) == '(')||(qr.charAt(i) == ')')
	||(qr.charAt(i) == '{')||(qr.charAt(i) == '}')
	||(qr.charAt(i) == '^')||(qr.charAt(i) == '"')
	||(qr.charAt(i) == '*')||(qr.charAt(i) == '?')
	||(qr.charAt(i) == ':')||(qr.charAt(i) == '\\') )
	theQueries += "\\" + qr.charAt(i);
else
	theQueries += qr.charAt(i) ;
}



----Original Message Follows----
From: Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com>
Reply-To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: QueryParser error
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 07:01:41 -0400

Miki hasn't posted a complete stack trace, and if the NPE is coming  from 
QueryParser it would likely give stack trace information  pinpointing 
precisely where the issue is.  My hunch is some other  code is obfuscating 
the real issue.  A complete stack trace would be  much more helpful.

	Erik


On Apr 4, 2006, at 6:55 AM, Michael Barry wrote:

>Exclamation point too ... check out the "Escaping Special Characters"
>section in the QueryParser syntax guide (http://lucene.apache.org/ 
>java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html)
>
>miki sun wrote:
>>Still got error even without colon:
>>
>>Error in parse query :The light of the body is the eye if  therefore thine 
>>eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of  light. But if thine eye be 
>>evil, thy whole body shall be full of  darkness. If therefore the light 
>>that is in thee be darkness, how  great is that darkness!
>>
>>java.lang.NullPointerException
>>
>>
>>
>>----Original Message Follows----
>>From: Michael Barry <mbarry@cos.com>
>>Reply-To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
>>To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
>>Subject: Re: QueryParser error
>>Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 06:44:02 -0400
>>
>>You need to escape the colons.
>>
>>miki sun wrote:
>>>Hi there
>>>
>>>Who can tell me why I got the the queryParser error for the  following 
>>>query:
>>>
>>>Error in parse query :The light of the body is the eye: if  therefore 
>>>thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of  light. But if thine 
>>>eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of  darkness. If therefore the 
>>>light that is in thee be darkness, how  great is that darkness!
>>>java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>
>>>Appart from [, ], (, ), whatelse should be exculded in the query?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Miki
>>
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message