lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christophe <...@blowfish.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene for searching tokens, not storing them.
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:51:32 GMT
On 14 Apr 2006, at 08:51, karl wettin wrote:
> You missunderstand all my questions.

I must admit I was not sure I understood your question, either.  In
order to search, Lucene needs an index.  That index is maintained by
the IndexReader and IndexWriter classes.  Are you contemplating
having your own index and index format?  In that case, it's not clear
to me how much leverage you will be getting using Lucene at all.
Could you explain in more detail what you are trying to do?