lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Which Analyzer to use when searching on Keyword fields
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:32:41 GMT
Venu,

I presume you're asking about what Analyzer to use with QueryParser.
QueryParser analyzes all term text, but you can fake it for Keyword
(non-tokenized) fields by using PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper, specifying
the KeywordAnalyzer for the fields you indexed as such.

The KeywordAnalyzer code will work with 1.4.3, so just grab that
class and put it into your project.  A couple of variations of it are
also included with the Lucene in Action code.

	Erik