lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Seaches VS. Relational database Queries
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:37:48 GMT
Depending on what you are trying to search. Let's say your table A is
the table with the "real" content, and B and C are your lookup table.

You should build one index in this case. And select A's content
together with B and C's lookup value into the documents.

I strongly recommend you take a look at DBSight. You can create the
index or several different index super easily. And you can test with
different index structure with out any coding.

BTW: It's not really user friendly to let users choose a drop-down.
You can try DBSight's narrowBy feature. Like the one you will see
here, http://search.dbsight.com

Chris Lu
Full-Text Lucene Search on Any Databases
http://www.dbsight.net
Faster to Setup than reading marketing materials!