lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>
Subject query analysis
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:27:15 GMT
Hello list,

I want to know if a human written query passed through the
QueryParser is "clean" from fields, boolean clauses and query
indicators. Easy way out would of course to add a boolean that resets
at ReInit(), but maybe there is a smart way to do it. Perhaps it is
possible to treat the retuned Query as a composite pattern (i.e.
query.iterateNonRewrittenParts())?

The plan is to avoid making suggestions on meta data in the query.
"+name:foo" should suggest on "foo" only, and not "+name:foo". I
initially tried to work the enumerateTerms, but realised this is
hopeless(?) as a rewritten query looks quite different.

Perhaps I'm attacking this from the wrong angle?