lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Rodenburg" <>
Subject Why is BooleanQuery.maxClauseCount static?
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:20:02 GMT
What was the thinking behind making the BooleanQuery maxClauseCount a
static?  Or, I guess more to the point, why not an instance setting as well?

Not trying to point out a flaw, just curious about the original thinking
behind the setting.  I have a situation where I have a set of BooleanQueries
that use a high number of clauses, but another set that needs a low number
of clauses (different indexes searched, and efficiencies dictate the
high/low clause range.)