lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>
Subject Re: Using Lucene for searching tokens, not storing them.
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:12:40 GMT

14 apr 2006 kl. 17.56 skrev karl wettin:

> 14 apr 2006 kl. 17.51 skrev Christophe:
>
>> Are you contemplating having your own index and index format?  In
>> that case, it's not clear to me how much leverage you will be
>> getting using Lucene at all.  Could you explain in more detail
>> what you are trying to do?
>
> I want to use the parts of Lucene built to query an index, not the
> part that persists an index.

Sorry for flooding. Here is a class diagram (go fixed size font) of
what I want to do:

[MyTokenizedClass](field)-- {0..*} | {0..1} --[Token]<- - - <<query>>
- -[Searchable]

                                    \---[Offset]

I want to store all the tokens in the realm of my application. I do
not want to use the IndexWriter to analyze and tokenize my fields.  I
do that my self.

I only want the query mechanism of Lucene.