lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RAM Directory / querying Performance issue
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:50:21 GMT
Is this markedly faster than using an MMapDirectory?  Copying all this
data into the Java heap (as RAMDirectory does) puts a tremendous burden
on the garbage collector.  MMapDirectory should be nearly as fast, but
keeps the index out of the Java heap.

Doug

zzzzz shalev wrote:
> I've rewritten the RAM DIR to supprt 64 bit (still havent had time to add this to lucene,
hopefully in the coming months when i have a free second)