lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lorenzo Di Gaetano <lorenzo.digaet...@bassnet.biz>
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:51:47 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working at the search api of a multi language CMS, and I'm using the
latest Lucene release. I'm using the SnowballAnalyzer in order to have
stemmers for various languages. I know that I must use the same analyzer
for indexing and searching, in order to obtain correct hits, but can I
index contents for various languages (passing the name of the language
to the SnowballAnalyzer's constructor) into the same index and then
searching specifiyng the language to the SnowballAnalyzer's constructor?

Or it's better to have one single index per language (in different
directories)?

Thank you in advance.

Lorenzo