lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Supriya Kumar Shyamal <supriya.shya...@artnology.com>
Subject FS lock on NFS mounted filesystem for indexing
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:45:45 GMT
Hi All,

I got a strange problem during the indexer process running on Redhat ES4
Linux machine ..
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /u01/export/index/books/_2s.fnm (No such
file or directory)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput$Descriptor.<init>(FSDirectory.java:425)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput.<init>(FSDirectory.java:434)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openInput(FSDirectory.java:324)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.<init>(FieldInfos.java:56)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.initialize(SegmentReader.java:144)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:129)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:110)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:674)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:658)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.maybeMergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:646)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:453)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:436)

After looking through the mailinglist probaly I am thinking that when
the indexer runs on NFS mounted filesystem then its a problem of
filesystem locking because I run the indexer and parallaly I also search
on the index.

I am using Lucene 1.9.1 version with JDK1.5 VM on Redhat ES4 64 bit
Linux Dual Core Opteron processor. Any information will be very greatful.

Thanks,
supriya