lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bruno Grilheres <bgrilhe...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Lucene or Nutch ?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 08:29:17 GMT
  Hi All,

I have to develop a protoype of a search/indexation system with the
following characteristics,
1) High volume of data indexation but only with add and delete
functionality (approximatively 10 PDF) => scalable architecture HDFS
seems good.
2) Specific analysis chain and a given set of meta-data indexation.
3) Language Recognition
4) No graphical interface for searching is needed, no crawling is
needed, Indexation and Search are performed with HTTP Request to a Servlet

What is the best starting choice for this : Lucene or Nutch ?

As far as I know Lucene is a good choice for 2 and 4, Nutch is a better
choice for 1 and 3.

Is Nutch as configurable as Lucene regarding the indexation and search
process and is it possible to write plug-in for specific analysis  ?

Bruno