lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kostas V." <>
Subject Use two Analyzers in Lucene
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2006 14:38:58 GMT
I'm new to Java and in Lucene as well and I have a little problem.
I have to index and search with Lucene some papers that are written both in
English and Greek. When I say both I mean that in the same txt there are
both Greek na d English words.

I have the Analyzers for both languages (they do stemming as well) but I
don't know how to use them together. I imagine that I have to do two passes
for each paper  ?? or this is not correct?
The following line is how I use my English Analyzer

IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(indexPath,new PorterStemAnalyzer() ,

And this about the Greek

IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(indexPath,new GreekAnalyzer() , true);

Is it possible?
And when I make the search, how the program can use both Analyzers as well?
They told me to make a mixed Analyzer but I don't know if this is possible.

Thanks in advance everyone for your help.