lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy_ha...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Boosting Fields (in index) or Queries
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:48:37 GMT
I still have a similar problem with the boost factor.  I change the
name to have the AND operator and set that query's boost to a very
high value in relation to the others.  I also have a regular OR based
name so that it doesn't rule those out.  However whenever I change
the boost values with the queries, nothing, absolutely nothing
changes with the results.  Besides that - I search for: playstation
game.  The only value that has both playstation and game in the name
field is Hit number 20.  That's really why I put the name AND
operator in there with such a high boost value, to see if it would
bring that single ANDed record towards the top, but nothing.  Am I
doing something wrong in all of this?  Am I doing the boost wrong or
something?