lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Flávio Marim <fla...@bs2.com.br>
Subject BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:10:24 GMT

Hi there.
I am a new Lucene user and I have been searching the group archives but
couldn't solve the problem. I have just joined a project that uses Lucene.

We get an error when we issue some of our wildcard text searches.

We use the StandardAnalyzer for indexing our documents and our query is as
follows when we issue a search string of s1* for example:  (+(identity:s1*
 keywords:s1* {title:s1* {body:s1* {description:s1* searchterms:s1*
{abstract:s1* creatoremail:s1* authornameS:s1* {reviewername:s1*
metadata:s1* {authorname:s1*) +all:all)

Anyone have any ideas on how to debug this or how we can fix it?

We are using Lucene version 1.4.3 and the error appears as follows:

2006-04-06 13:43:20,928 [Servlet.Engine.Transports : 0] ERROR -
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.add(BooleanQuery.java(CompiledCode))
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.add(BooleanQuery.java(Inlined
Compiled Code))
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.PrefixQuery.rewrite(PrefixQuery.java(Compiled Code))
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.rewrite(BooleanQuery.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.rewrite(BooleanQuery.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.rewrite(IndexSearcher.java(Inlined
Compiled Code))
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Query.weight(Query.java(Inlined
Compiled Code))
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java(Compiled
Code))
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java(Compiled
Code))
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Hits.java(Inlined Compiled
Code))
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java(Inlined
Compiled Code))
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java(Inlined
Compiled Code))
        at
com.ibm.services.salesone.fsearch.search.FacetedSearchImpl.getFacetCountsWithText(FacetedSearchImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
  	...... <truncated to limit size of this email>

--
Marim

"Only reading is really difficult to learn. All the rest is written
somewhere"

--
Marim

"Difícil é aprender a ler. O resto está escrito."