lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Fisheye <des...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: highlighting - fuzzy search
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:40:37 GMT

yes, this might be a way, but in my case it would not work:

The probles is, that I have to return an exceprt (snippet) and the words to
be highlighted as two separate strings. So now I use highlighter and
getBestFragment to extract the excerpt, then I remove the inserted html tags
and return the string to my application.
In normal query mode I return the matching query string entered by the user.
My application then does the highlighting and displays all I need.
So if I do fuzzy search and want to go the same way as if I do normal
search, I need the similar words generated from the Levenshtein algorithm.

Another approach may be to extract the similar words automatically
highlighted in the returned fragment by lucene, before I let remove the html
tags...