lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: wildcards with SpanQuery
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:47:03 GMT
There isn't a SpanWildcardQuery, per se, but there is a SpanRegexQuery:

	<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/regex/src/
java/org/apache/lucene/search/regex/>

It can be used to achieve the same sort of thing, only using standard
regex syntax like fast.* (instead of fast*)

But, stemming should be considered as well.  It'd certainly be more
performant using a regular PhraseQuery with terms analyzed and
stemmed, matching terms analyzed the same way during indexing.

	Erik