lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ask for a better solution for the case
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:36:09 GMT
This one's fairly wild, I'm interested to see what the gurus think...

You could create a bitset and mark each document retrieved by the
appropriate bit position (using the Lucene document id). Persist this bitset
(assuming you need it across sessions). Be careful, I wouldn't persist it
via the toString(), persist it as a binary entity. It depends on how many
docs we're talking about I guess....

Anyway, let's say you have accumulated one of these. Create a filter with
the XOR of the persisted bitset, and pass that filter on to subsequent
searches...... When the search comes back, set the bits in your (persisted)
bitset and save it away. Repeat as needed....

I have no idea if this would help in your particular situation... And, any
time your index changed, any persisted bitsets would be invalid.

Anyway, it may even work. See the Filters in Lucene for what filters are all
about.

Erick