lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <>
Subject Re: BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:34:57 GMT
Be careful, especially if you have some test data that you're using to prove
things out and only later will you use the "real" (and usually much larger)
data set. There are two problems that I know of with bumping the clauses to

1> you can run out of memory.
2> it might take a long time. A really long time.

If either of these things happens, you may have to deal with filters and
cleverness. The guys were very kind with their explanations of wildcard
issues, see the thread titled "*I just don't get wildcards at all."