lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I just don't get wildcards at all.
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:20:03 GMT
Chris:

Again, many thanks. Of course only *after* you mentioned that Hits is not
entirely efficient when looking at many docs did I remember TopDocs and
TopFieldDocs had been mentioned. Senior moments and all that....

I completely missed the fact that ConstantScoreQuery doesn't take a query.
I'll betchya anything you want it does what I was doing, only more
efficiently <G>...

Thanks again for all your help, I may actually go away and not bother folks
for a while. I'm supposed to have answers to the question "should we use
Lucene" by Wednesday, after that the pace will slow a bit as I write real
code rather than proof-of-concept - AKA throw-away code, and take
considerably more care <G>.

Erick