lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pasha Bizhan" <lucene-l...@lucenedotnet.com>
Subject RE: Lucene Seaches VS. Relational database Queries
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:49:35 GMT
Hi,

> From: Ananth T. Sarathy [mailto:ananth.t.sarathy@gmail.com]
>
> How would a second index solve the 1:N relationship issue?
> For the record I agree that Lucene is Document Centric.

Why Lucene should solve this problem? What is your search document?
Or what is your search result? What are you going to display as result to
user?
What will your users search for?

> Is there anyway to get the Equivalent of select count(distinct Crew_ID)
from
> Crew_TItles where Title="Producer" which would give you a result of 3

The such query is not a full-text search query.

For example, the query:

	select titles, yesr, etc from titles where 'Assistant Producer' like
'%....%.

is full-text search query. And Lucene can help you in this case.

Pasha Bizhan