lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy_ha...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Indexing - scheduled batch process or server?
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:42:53 GMT
Marc,

I am using it within the web app.  I use Spring and there are ways to
throttle a call down to one thread with Spring, if you're worried
about overloading the server when you update the index.  I'm not sure
about Quartz and its ability to set a priority or limit the number of
threads or how to use a thread pool or have load-balancing.  I did a
quick search on the Quartz user forum and found a lot of discussion
on Java threads though, so that might be promising (http://
forums.opensymphony.com/search.jspa?objID=f6&q=thread).

Anyway, Quartz has seemed to work for what I'm doing - I inherited
using it from the previous developer and it's had a good history of
being reliable for our stuff.

Jeremy