lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Exact date search doesn't work with 1.9.1?
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 01:20:02 GMT

On Apr 9, 2006, at 3:02 PM, Perez wrote:
> In article
> <008EAB35-C40D-4F4B-8C05-B02BB07C2B18@ehatchersolutions.com>,
>  Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
>
>> This could be a case of your QueryParser analyzer eating a number.
>> Range queries and prefix/wildcard query terms are not analyzed.
>>
>> Besides the great suggestion to use Luke, also try a TermQuery if you
>> happen to be using QueryParser to create your Query currently.
>>
>> 	Erik
>>

> Actually, that's another problem I have.  I can't search for
> numbers at
> all no how.  But the analyzer is just PorterStemmer(Lowercase(Stop))).
>
> Can you tell me where the analyzer is eating numbers?

What is the tokenizer you're using deeper below the "Stop" you
mentioned?  The StopAnalyzer itself uses a LetterTokenizer, so
numbers get removed and only letters remain.

Check out the "analysis paralysis" article I did at java.net and the
AnalyzerDemo (or is it AnalysisDemo?) in the Lucene in Action
codebase - it'll shed a lot of light on analyzers.

	Erik