lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>
Subject Re: Syntax help
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:49:04 GMT

14 apr 2006 kl. 16.37 skrev Bill Snyder:

> One field we index is the file path. I am using a simple query like
> "location:Z:\logs\someLogFile.log". However, I can never get path
> searches
> like this to come back with any results. Tried escaping the
> backslashes and
> colon. Nothing seems to work. I missing something here in my syntax?

Can you open your index with Luke and see what the index looks like?

If it looks right, what does the code look like that retrieve the
field value?
If not, what does the code look like that set the field value?

In case everything seems fine, do some debugging and report what values
you send to Lucene and what you get out.