lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Audrius Peseckis" <audr...@ivs.lt>
Subject Lucene DB indexing and searching Question (1.9.1)
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:10:31 GMT
Hello,

What I'm trying to do is to index database with lucene. Each row returned by SQL query is
represented as document, and document contains fields (values of columns). I'm adding those
fields to document by doing the following:
Field fld = new Field("COLUMN_NAME", column.value());

Now when I'm trying to search the index, I only get the values of the column text (default
field name).
Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(DIR);
QueryParser qp = new QueryParser("text", new StandardAnalyzer());
Query query = qp.parse("a*");

How to query a search engine, if I want to get results from all indexed fields, not only default
provided?

Thanks in advance,
Audrius