lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Danilo Cicognani" <d.cicogn...@tinfo.it>
Subject Max Frequency and Tf/Idf
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:31:13 GMT
Hello everybody.
We are building a complex automatic classification system using Lucene.
We need to manage normalized Tf/Idf (Term Frequency / Inverse Document
Frequency).
We understood that Lucene can give us Tf and Df and we are using these
values to calculate the normalized Tf/Idf but we would like to optimize this
calculation for better performance.
Is there any way to expose the maximum term frequency in a document from
Lucene, and maybe to obtain the normalized Tf/Idf from Lucene?
There aren't a public methods to get these values, but maybe Lucene holds
these informations privately and with a modify on Lucene source we could
have the work done to fasten the system.

P.S. Sorry for MY English: I hope I explained clearly my question.

**** 1000 KBye ****

web: www.ciconet.it
Web Portal Now: www.webportalnow.com