lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Samuru Jackson" <samurujack...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed Lucene..
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:05:27 GMT
Do you plan to release some kind of a commerical product including an API?

I ask because I'm evaluating different technologies for a prototype
which is part of my diploma thesis.

The problem is that I have to deal with real huge data amounts and one
machine is simply not enough to handle those amounts of data.

Lucene seems to be a good choice but it won't scale up for real big
data amounts. So I thought about expanding the indexes over several
machines in junks so that it fits into the memory of those machines.

One machine should collect the results and calculate some kind of
score out of the delivered hits from the machines.

As I'm not familiar with the concrete mechanisms of Lucene this is
just a naive thought, but I think that such a clustering mechanism
could become a killer app.