lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Raul Raja Martinez <doblee...@estudiowebs.com>
Subject Re: Search on many indexes at once
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 03:42:39 GMT
Hi Chris, thanks for the quick response,

It looks like I don't have access to the searcher.subSearcher or subDoc,
since I get just a Hits object. Is it possible to know the Index folder
based on a hit?

I'm on a SearchResults component that takes a Hits object as parameter
and the search is actually performed by other component.

This is the method that performs the search:

public Hits searchMultipleIndexes(String query, IndexSearcher...searchers) {

  MultiSearcher searcher = new MultiSearcher(searchers);

  Query q = QueryParser.parse(query, "title", new StandardAnalyzer());

  return searcher.search(q);

}

and later a iterate over the hits and I need to know if they belong to
Categories, News etc... which all are different indexes.

any help appreciated.

thanks.

Raul