lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <>
Subject Bug in Directory + FSDirectory (?)
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 00:18:54 GMT

This is my first post to Lucene ML, so please excuse the following message
if completely wrong :-). We are trying to upgrade Jackrabbit to support
Lucene 1.9.1. At a first problem we needed to change the access modified of
a method from protected to public, but this was not a problem. The second
problem we are facing is a ClassCastException in Directory, FSDirectory
usage, and here is the reason I believe it's causing it:

a call to FSDirectory.createFile which doesn't override Directory.createFile,
results in a call to FSDirectory.createOutput which returns FSIndexOutput.
But createFile method should return OutputStream, so this results in a

Am I interpretting things wrongly or can this be considered a bug in Lucene

.w( the_mindstorm )p.