lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Cain <cb...@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Read past EOF error in Windows
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:33:26 GMT
Hi all,

I wrote a lucene program which runs fine under Linux and Mac but fails on
most Windows machines. (I have managed to get it to work on one version of
XP however)

Specifically when i open or search the index i get the following error message.

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Chris

caught a class java.io.IOException
with message: read past EOF
java.io.IOException: read past EOF
         at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput.readInternal(FSDirectory.java:451)
         at
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readBytes(BufferedIndexInput.java:45)
         at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader$CSIndexInput.readInternal(CompoundFileReader.java:219)
         at
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.refill(BufferedIndexInput.java:64)
         at
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readByte(BufferedIndexInput.java:33)
         at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readInt(IndexInput.java:46)
         at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.<init>(SegmentTermEnum.java:47)
         at
org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.<init>(TermInfosReader.java:48)
         at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.initialize(SegmentReader.java:147)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:129)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:115)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader$1.doBody(IndexReader.java:150)
         at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:109)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:143)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:127)
         at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.java:42)