lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Watkins <rwatk...@foo-bar.org>
Subject Looking for Lucene consultant (UK based)
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:02:48 GMT
We, John Wiley & Sons (http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/), are looking
for a Lucene expert to assist with our migration from Verity to Lucene
(up to six weeks work, starting this coming Monday, 20 March). The
candidate must be based in the UK, preferably in or close to London,
as we would like him/her to use our Ealing office as much as possible.

The ideal candidate will have had large scale application migration
experience of migrating from Verity to Lucene, and experience with
performance tuning.

This consultancy involves providing leadership in gathering
requirements, architecture design and assist with putting together a
migration plan. The candidate will also be expected to be hands-on to
assist the existing team in trying out new ideas or problem solving.

The list of required/desired skills is below. Please send CVs to Freddie
Quek (fquek@wiley.com) by 17 March 2006 for consideration.

Technical skills:
   Tools and languages:
     o Languages
         mandatory:       Java (JDK 1.4), XML, HTML, XSLT, http, c++
     o Operating systems
         mandatory:       Unix
     o Technologies
         mandatory:       Lucene 1.4.3 and higher, Tomcat, CVS
                          strong background in search applications
                          but not the specific implementations
         highly desired:  Verity
         optional:        Apache web server

Soft skills:
   Good communication and software architecture skills
   Effective team-worker

Thanks!