lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: span query scoring vs boolean query scoring
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:51:49 GMT

: *public* SpanWeight(SpanQuery query, Searcher searcher)
:     *throws* IOException {
:     *this*.similarity = query.getSimilarity(searcher);
:     *this*.query = query;
:     *this*.terms = query.getTerms();
:
:     idf = *this*.query.getSimilarity(searcher).idf(terms, searcher);
:   }
:
: lacks any traversal and according to what I have understood so far from
: the rest
: of the code, only takes in account the boost of the tree root in
: SumOfSquareWeights,

well, getTerms for all of the SpanQueris does traverse the terms of the
nested span queries, so the idf does take into account the whole structure
... but i think you're right about the boost -- it doesn't look like the
boost of nested SpanQueries are ever used.

: I am missing something ? Is it intented or is it a bug ?

that i can't answer ... if it is intended, it should probably be
documented.

-Hoss