lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: restart interrupted index
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 03:12:12 GMT

: If I interrupt my IndexWriter with a kill signal, must of the time I
: will be left with a lock file AND corrupted index files (the searcher
: will throw some IllegalStateExceptions after the lock file is
: deleted).

if you are trying to deal with teh possibility that your indexing process
might crash hard, then there's not much you can do about the possibiity of
your index getting corrupted ... that's where backups are useful.

if you are trying to have a way to "cancel" your indexing process and then
start again later that's not really an issue with lucene -- you just need
a cleaner way to notify your application that you want it to stop, close
whatever IndexWriter/IndexReader you may be useing and shutdown cleanly.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message