lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject re: restart interrupted index
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 02:58:46 GMT

: I'm relatively new to Lucene and I've been trying to index a large
: number of html files.  If my operation is interrupted the index
: appears to be corrupted.  I can no longer open it for searching with
: IndexSearcher (and no amount of toying with Luke's options seems to
: help if I try to browse the index by that route).  I would like to be
: able to restart an interrupted process.  Should I be able to do this?
:

what exactly isthe exception you are getting?

more then likely, there is a lock file left over from your last process,
if you manually remove it, new process can open your index, but there is
no way to know exactly what docs might not have been successfully added
... there may also be unused files cluttering up the directory, but they
won't hurt anything (they just take up space)

-Hoss