lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Add a module to the lucene
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:32:38 GMT

Jason: you really don't need to send the same message 4 times in one
night.  You've got to give people time to sleep, and eat, and take care of
other things that don't involve a computer :)

: Can we add a module to lucene so that we are able to use our own similarity
: measure to calculate the similarity between documents and queries? As lucene
: has defined its own measure, we can do few with it.

when using lucene, you can absolutely definite your own Similarity class.
you can register it using the Similarity.setDefault(Similarity).  as long
as you do that before opening any IndexWriters or IndexReaders your
Similarity wil be used throughought your application.

-Hoss