lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.9.1 and timeToString() apparent incompatibility with 1.4.3
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:54:27 GMT

: timeToString() and stringToTime() classes are used. Using an index created
: with 1.4.3 and searched with 1.9.1  I now receive the following errors:

As the deprecation comment in DateField says...

	If you build a new index, use DateTools instead. For existing indices you
	can continue using this class, as it will not be removed in the near
	future despite being deprecated.

...DateTools is not backwards with DateField, which is why that comment
tries to make it clear that you shouldn't use DateField for new indexes,
but you can continue using it for old ones without fear.

: I assume there is a better way to do this than the above as this
: incompatibility is not documented.
: I know I can always revert to the old code in order to avoid re-creating the
: index, but I would prefer to find a solution that uses the latest classes
: AND avoids re-creating the index, if possible.
: thanks for any help,

if you don't wnat to rebuild your index, then just keep using the
DateField class and everything will be fine.

-Hoss