lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses with 1.9.1 when Number RangeQuery
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 06:49:37 GMT

: I upgade to 1.9.1 and reindexing
: I used NumberTool when I index the number.
:
: after upgrade I got following error when number range query.
: with query

The possibility of a TooManyClauses exception has always existed with
RangeQuery and numbers, even when using NumberTool.  Even if you never saw
it before, and you are still querying on the exact same range as before,
adding new docs with values in that range can trigger the exception.

Consider using a RangeFilter instead, or the ConstantScoreRangeQuery which
doesn't have this limitation.

-Hoss