lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Help interpreting explanation
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 06:16:30 GMT

: cosine similarity and need some help.  Can anyone tell me in which file
: are the methods of the DefaultSimilarity methods called?

Most of the Similarity methods are called by the various Scorers.   A good
IDE will tell you where they are called (or you could just grep the
source, that's what I do)

: For example, looking at the tf method i see that it takes in a float for
: freq instead of int. So i'm curious to see how this method is invoked.

I commented on this recently (and no one contested my explanation)...

http://www.nabble.com/Similarity-Usage%3A-tf%28int%29-vs-tf%28float%29-p2981283.html

-Hoss