lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: sentences and paragraph search requirement
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 07:44:19 GMT

:       Grammatical Connectors /s Search terms in the same sentence:

:      /p Search terms in the same paragraph:

:      +s The first term preceding the second within the same sentence:

:      +p The first term preceding the second within the same paragraph:

: I am not sure lucene support this kind of search expression, How can I ?

As discussed in the past, if you inject artificial tokens denoting
the start/end of sentences and paragraphs, then you can use SpanQueries to
accomplish this.  Search the list archives for "lucene span sentence" for
several of the past discussions.

-Hoss