lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul.Illingwo...@saaconsultants.com
Subject RE: Return all distinct values
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:37:22 GMT

The IndexReader.terms() method gets a list of all the terms in an index.
You need to somehow limit this to the terms for your ZipCode field which I
don't know how to do. Luke has the ability to do this though so it is
certainly possible.

Regards

Paul I.

             "Ramana Jelda"
             <ramana.jelda@cia
             o-group.com>                                               To
                                       <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
             30/03/2006 10:21                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Return all distinct values
             java-user@lucene.
                apache.org

Hi,
Actually lucene does not provide you a straight forward  Query to get
UNIQUE
results.
But as far as I know, u can use HitsCollector & BitSet combination to
count/get unique results.

Regards,
Jelda