lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Richard Gunderson <Richard.Gunder...@honda-eu.com>
Subject Re: Phrase Query query
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:38:59 GMT

Hi Otis

Thanks for the information. I'm actually writing something to search files
containing code (such as JSP files) so I do expect there will be a few
problems like this because I guess Lucene's out-of-the box analyzers are
really suited to natural languages. But, I was wondering if you could you
recommend an Analyzer that would be good for my purposes. I tried
StandardAnalyzer and KeywordAnalyzer with limited success, although I admit
I might not be using them 100% correctly as I'm new to Lucene.

FYI I've added an option to bypass Lucene so I just do an String.indexOf on
my search terms, which works well (embarassingly-crude though!) but it
would be nice to be able to use the power of real text searching within
Lucene ;-)

Regards

Richard Gundersen
Honda UK - ISD
Tel: +44 (0)1753 590681
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Honda
Motor Europe Ltd. or any of its group of companies.

If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

Visit our website: http://www.honda.co.uk